Thursday, October 1st 2015

Thursday, October 1st 2015

 

Dynamic Agility Warm-Up

 

Knee Hugs x 10 yards

Leg Cradles x 10 yards

Walking Toe Pulls x 10 yards

Quad Pulls x 10 yards

High Leg Kicks x 20 yards

Butt Kickers x 20 yards

High Knees x 20

 

Pillar March x 10 yards

Pillar Skip x 10 yards

 

Speed Work:

 

Acceleration Build-Ups

 

Set up cones at approximately 10 yards, 20 yards, 30 yards, and 40 yards.

 

Get into a 2-point stance at the starting line. At the go call,immediately accelerate to 25% total speed. At the 10 yard, mark accelerate to 50% total sprint speed. At the 20 yard mark, accelerate to 75% speed. At 30 yard mark, accelerate to 100% sprint pace and hold through the 40 yard mark. Do not stop suddenly, but gradually coast into a slower pace to an eventual stop. Perform 5 sets total, resting :90 to 2:00 between sets.

 

 

Conditioning:

 

Curtis Park Loop (1 mile) for best possible time. Enjoy the cool weather and the fresh air.